Islamorada Tarpon Fly Fishing | April – August
Experience the incredible fishing opportunities the Florida Keys has to offer with Islamorada fly fishing guide, Capt. Jeremy Chavez. The flats of Florida Bay are world-renowned for their clarity and teeming life aided by the abundant seagrass beds. The Keys and Florida Bay produce some of the best fly fishing and light tackle sight fishing opportunities in the world for tarpon, bonefish, permit, snook, redfish, and more gamefish species. On any given trip shots at sharks, tripletail, speckled trout, black drum, jack crevalle, and sheepshead can also arise. The Florida Keys is one of the best fisheries on the planet. Islamorada is known as the Sportfishing Capital of the World for good reason. It’s proximity to the Everglades National Park, one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world.
All equipment is provided. If you choose to bring your own tackle we recommend the following:
Islamorada Fly Fishing Tackle:
- Rods: 10-12wt for medium to large tarpon and 7-9wt for everything else
- Line: tarpon or bonefish floating
- Leader: 16-50lb tapered leaders
- Flies: gurglers, poppers, unweighted and lightly weighted shrimp, crab or baitfish patterns
- Size: #4 – 1/0
Islamorada Light Tackle:
- Rods: 6’6″-7’6″ medium to heavy action spinning or casting
- Line: 20-30lb braid
- Leader: 20-50lb fluorocarbon
- Lures: soft plastics, slow-sinking hard baits, and topwaters
Islamorada Fly Fishing Rates:
Full-Day (8 hours) – $700
Trips are limited to 1-2 anglers. Need multiple guides? No problem! Casting Tales has teamed up with the best local guides and can easily accommodate your next group outing.
Florida Fishing License:
Florida trips don’t require you to purchase a fishing license. You are covered under my Florida guide license.
For questions or to book a trip call, email or text:
Capt. Jeremy Chavez